From the 2010 "President's Cancer Panel" report, regarding the hidden toxins we are bombarded by every day:
"Efforts to inform the public of such harmful exposures and how to prevent them must be increased."Based on The President's Cancer Panel's recommendations, here are 5 tips for reducing the risk of being diagnosed with cancer:
1) Keep your body and immune system healthy - filter your water, eat only organic foods (especially animal products), avoid processed foods (especially meats), eat a variety of fruits and veggies, exercise and get at least 15 minutes of sunshine daily or vitamin D supplements
(According to "The President's Cancer Panel Report", tap water, non-organic food and processed foods are flooded with cancer- and disease-causing compounds and all 3 should be avoided. You simply cannot achieve good health if you constantly assault your body with foods that contain dangerous chemicals. Your immune system is your built in defense system; keep it healthy naturally!)
2) Replace non-stick cookware - use only glass, cast iron, ceramic or stainless steel; NEVER microwave plastic!
(Non-stick cookware releases cancer-causing fumes that are toxic enough to kill pets and sicken people with respiratory problems. Plastics also release toxic fumes when heated; JUST DON'T DO IT!)
3) Use safer cleaning products (body & home) - use less toxic and organic body care products (soap, shampoo, make-up, lotions and fluoride-free toothpaste) and use non-toxic cleaning products (homemade or from companies such as Dr. Bronner's), use essential oils instead of toxic air "fresheners" and fragrances
(Some of the most dangerous substances, endocrine disruptors, are found in "fragrances" of all types of products. Your skin is a living organ that acts like a sponge; the last thing you want to do is open up all your pores in a warm shower and then lather up with toxic goo! Nor should you pollute your home with toxic "cleaning" products or air "fresheners")
4) Avoid ALL plastic - choose toys and ALL children's products very carefully, use cloth shower curtains, glass and metal dishes and storage containers, reduce plastic grocery food packaging, use cloth bags or cardboard boxes for groceries and shopping, use glass or metal water bottles/storage containers
(you'll soon discover it is nearly impossible to eliminate plastic from your daily life, so reducing your exposure, as much as possible, is important for adults. It is vital for children, elderly folks, or anyone with a weak immune system)
5) Get INVOLVED! - Demand government officials change chemical regulations so that they protect people's health, not corporate profits. Officials must REQUIRE manufacturers to "remove the carcinogens and other toxins from our food, water, and air that needlessly increase health care costs, cripple our Nations productivity, and devastate American lives." *
* A quote from the 2010 President's Cancer Panel Report:
"Each person can become an active voice in his or her own community. To a greater extent than many realize, individuals have the power to affect public policy by letting policymakers know that they strongly support measures that will reduce or remove from the environment toxins that are known or suspected carcinogens or endocrine-disrupting chemicals. Individuals can also influence industry by selecting non-toxic products and where these do not exist, communicating with manufacturers and trade organizations about their desire for safer products." *
We MUST tell policymakers that we will no longer accept being un-informed lab-rats for corporate polluters! We must speak with 1 voice and say:
"Enough is enough!!"
It is time for CHANGE we can LIVE with!